Research that aims to explore the importance of couple, family and social relationships in the context of ageing and to understand how baby boomer' relationships may be put under strain as they approach retirement and in older age.
The research included:
- A comprehensive literature and policy review
- Analysis of publicly available datasets
- Interviews with figures in government, charities, service providers and academics
- An Ipsos MORI survey of 1,390 adults aged 50 and over about their attitudes towards ageing
- A roundtable of experts to review findings and develop recommendations.