Qualitative study of offender employment review: final report
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) commissioned the Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research (CRESR) to undertake a qualitative study of offender employment services, with a specific focus on the progress made in the implementation of the recommendations of the joint DWP/Ministry of Justice (MOJ) offender employment review.
The key objectives of the study were to:
• identify how well the recommendations of the review have been implemented
• identify the extent to which the changes implemented have contributed to improved offender employment services
• establish what further reforms should be developed to maximise the employment outcomes for offenders
• assist in developing future policy for the offender group
• consider the role of drug treatment services in the offender employment journey.