descriptive research methods
Web resource for anyone with an interest in using digital media for research, consultation or participation activities with children and young people.
It contains information and advice about:
- the technical aspects of using digital media in research with children
- some of the methods that are available
- ethical issues and how to deal with them
- analysis and dissemination with digital media
- involving young people as co-producers.
This report provides a number of examples of research that are deliberately or inadvertently developing methods for synthesising evidence from diverse sources. It is a part of a larger SCIE programme of work focused on using knowledge in social care. It provides a partial picture of methodological work synthesising evidence from research using diverse research designs. It looks at work both on the synthesis of qualitative evidence and on the synthesis of qualitative and quantitative evidence.
This Scottish Government publication contains statistics on children who were looked after by or eligible for aftercare support from local authorities between 1 April 2006 and 31 March 2007.